Sunday, August 29, 2010

Yeh pain na hoga kum

Yeh pain na hoga kum

Deep Saxena

This girl knows not how to be diplomatic. Yami Gautam, lead actress of the TV show Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kum, doesn’t like the way the show has taken shape. She is upset with the pain that her onscreen character Laher Mathur has to go through in the show based on Lucknow.
“Who likes to be in pain, or being tortured and live in tough conditions? But I guess, as an actor it’s a good opportunity to show my versatile acting talent,” she says. Yami was in Lucknow to inaugurate Lavanya Spa at Wave West End Mall.
“Initial days in the show were certainly happy. But the Brahmin boy - Kayasth girl theme can’t be stretched too long. The story has to move on to different tracks. Sometimes it works sometime it doesn’t. We do anything for the audience and TRPs,” she says without being mincing words.
Yami, who is also doing the on-going show Meethi Chhoorii on NDTV Imagine, was earlier seen in the recently concluded Kitchen Champion.
“I am loving my stints with reality shows. Such out-of-the-league shows break the regular image and show a different side of you,” she says. Yami, who is mostly dressed in simple salwar-suit or saree, has donned a glamorous avtaar for Imagine’s talk show.
She started with a South Indian film, so any plans to do more films there? “My debut film Ullaha Utsaha (Kannad) did good business and gave me recognition. But presently I have no time for the big screen.”And Bollywood? “To be honest, nothing interesting has come my way and neither am I focused in that direction,” she says.
Looking tired, Yami adds, “Small screen is much tougher than films. It’s work, work and work all the time. There is no personal life at all.”Explaining it further, she says, “I shot till 3 am last night then took the morning flight today and here I am in Lucknow. Will go back in the evening and join the sets straightaway in the night. It’s so exhausting that I can doze off anywhere. The other day my director was giving me a narration when I dozed off for a moment.”
This is her third visit to Lucknow. How does she find it here? “During my first visit no one knew me here. My show was then launched from Lucknow and now it is a good opportunity to take feedback from the place where the show is based. When people talk and cross-question you, one thing is clear that people are watching the show,” she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment